Location, location, location!
Situated between Madison and Milwaukee, Lake Mills is the ideal place to do business. Conveniently located directly off I-94, businesses are within easy reach of the major metropolitan areas with room to grow and prosper. It’s no wonder why businesses from manufacturing to mom & pop shops are thriving here!
Focus on community
With an approximate 6,000 population, Lake Mills is known for its high quality of life. Small town hospitality and charm are abundant. The community continually pulls together in times of tragedy and celebration. Business owners find these traits to be a bonus as business to business commerce is common and community support strong.
Interested in store fronts?
Interested in business park?
Download a brochure about Lake Mills Business Park (industrial and commercial land). Other items in the brochure include city government contacts, utilities, planning department, garbage pickup, taxes and demographics.
Contact the City of Lake Mills for information related to regulations, zoning and ordinances.
Additional Resources for business owners
- Entrepreneurship Programs in Jefferson County
- PDF with information about starting your business including local resources to help.
- Entrepreneurs’ Toolkit
- Extensive set of resources for entrepreneurs seeking to establish and build their businesses.
- Small Business Administration
- Resources and guidance for small business owners. Local assistance available in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center
- Free and low-cost advice and training for small business owners and entrepreneurs in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Better Business Bureau
- Register your company, apply for BBB Accreditation, search for competition and networking contacts.